Our Vision Statement
The Mike & Mary Terry Family Foundation is dedicated to eliminating barriers for the most vulnerable in our community.
Our Mission Statement
The Mike & Mary Terry Family Foundation is committed to improving the quality of life for North Texas residents in need. The Christian-based foundation provides support for organizations focused on providing equal opportunities for all children, advancing youth through education and ensuring a haven for those in need.
The Foundation is a Christian-based private 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to investing in North Texas initiatives designed to make an impact in the lives of children and the poverty-stricken. The Mike & Mary Terry Family Foundation focuses on strengthening the community and improving lives by supporting compassionate programs that significantly impact:
· Homeless Arena: The homeless community through prevention, client training and enrichment opportunities, enhanced facilities, stabilized housing, as well as supporting collaboration among homeless service providers.
· Victims of Abuse: Victims of abuse through investing in outstanding education and awareness programs, enhancing facilities that house and serve the abused, and creating more safe places where the abused can find respite.
· Catholic Education: The quality of and access to Catholic education in North Texas by providing scholarships, enhancing technology, and increasing the opportunity for exceptional educator and leadership development.
· Education: The education of students by ensuring school readiness academically, socially and emotionally; providing and improving quality programs that attract, retain and train faculty and staff; enhancing technology for students and teachers; and increasing overall student literacy.
Guidelines for 2017
The Mike & Mary Terry Family Foundation will be accepting Letters of Inquiry in two cycles towards our Education, Homeless, and Victims of Abuse focus areas.
Deadline 1: May 1, 2017
Deadline 2: November 1, 2017
Criteria for Letter of Inquiry (LOI) Submission:
1. The Foundation only accepts Letters of Inquiry from 501(c)(3) charities that are not operated by a separate organization.
2. Your Letter of Inquiry must fall within one of our three areas of focus as mentioned above.
3. Your Letter of Inquiry must not exceed one page.
4. Please submit your Letter of Inquiry through our online portal. Click here to submit.
5. The Foundation supports programs benefitting organizations in North Texas and does not fund outside of that geographic area.
Upon the conclusion of the deadlines listed above, the Foundation will provide confirmation that your LOI has been received. After all inquiries have been reviewed, we will invite selected organizations to continue the application process.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.